Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Declaration of a Saint

I found this in my journal, written on November 9th, 2011.  I don't know who this woman is, but I want to be like her.

I will arm myself with the lessons learned from the past.
but I will not dwell there.


I will not look up the steep mountainside of the future,
for it is too daunting to search the unknown.


I will trust in Him who created all that is me,
all that is around me.


I will live with what God places in my hands: the present.


He has redeemed the past and plan the future;
His purchase is permanent,
and plans never changing.


Whatever is to come,
I will not "brace for impact."
I will live for Him in the now,
doing what I can to serve and love.


I will trust Him with what He has taught me.
I will trust Him with what He's given me.
I will trust Him with what He has told me.
I will trust Him with the uncertain and unrevealed.


"Whom have I in heaven but you? 
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides you." --Psalm 73:25

No comments: